junior wordpress developer
Junior Full Stack WordPress Developer
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Residency Status: Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
Salary: 50-60k CAD
Are you a talented web developer with a diverse skill set? Inkline Media is looking for a full stack web developer to join our growing team. As part of our full production team, you can be sure to have a variety of exciting challenges and tasks on both client and internal projects.
- Use your mix of front-end and back-end development skills to build kick-ass web experiences for our clients.
- Contribute to and refine the web-development process from concept to delivery.
- Developing and maintaining the back-end of our web projects including the server and database.
- Development and customization of WordPress themes and plugins.
- Coding and testing of responsive HTML emails for modern and legacy email clients.
- Leverage web-based APIs to integrate our web projects with various business and marketing applications.
- Taking part in client meetings as needed – and always seeking to better understand their goals, needs and wants.
The following is an ideal list of skills. Candidates for this role are proficient in most of these areas.
- CSS and CSS preprocessors
- WordPress theme & plugin development and customization
- Modern development tools and workflows (npm, Bower, Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, etc.)
- Coding and testing of responsive HTML emails for modern and legacy clients
- Development environments such as Sublime, Visual Studio, or Visual Studio Code
- Browser and device testing
- Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Attention to detail and the ability to review your own work
- Awareness of when to ask questions and gather any missing assets you may need for a project
- 1-3 years of web development experience in a freelance or agency setting (education may count as experience)
- Excellent communication (English) and analytical skills
- Ability to solicit feedback and take constructive criticism of your work in stride
- An ability to research solutions and problem solve (you know how to Google)
- A degree or diploma in computer science, software engineering, or related disciplines
- Familiarity with Asana, Slack, G-Suite services, Dropbox
- Experience with WooCommerce
- Knowledge of WCAG Accessibility standards and AODA requirements in relation to web development
- Experience creating and maintaining automated build pipelines
- Experience with WordPress Gutenburg editing experience
- Get experience with a wide variety of modern technologies and tools
- Free Treehouse membership with access to hundreds of development focused courses
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Drug & Dental Plan
- Unlimited tea and coffee in the office!
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to hear from you!