junior wordpress developer
Junior WordPress Developer
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Residency Status: Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and available to work from our Ottawa office post-COVID
Salary: 50-60k CAD
Are you a talented web developer with a diverse skill set? Inkline Media is looking for a web developer to join our growing team. As part of our full production team, you can be sure to have a variety of exciting challenges and tasks on both client and internal projects.
While our team is currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you must be available to work locally from our office in Ottawa if and when it becomes possible.
- Use your development skills to build web experiences for our clients.
- Contribute to and refine the web-development process from concept to delivery.
- Coding and testing of responsive WordPress websites.
- Advanced configuration of WordPress, Plugins, Custom Post Types, Custom Fields and data architecture for Elementor-powered WordPress sites
- Taking part in client meetings as needed – and always seeking to better understand their goals, needs and wants.
The following is an ideal list of skills. Candidates for this role are proficient in most of these areas.
- CSS and CSS preprocessors
- WordPress Configuration and Development
- Modern development tools and workflows (npm, Bower, Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, etc.)
- Code Editors such as Visual Studio Code or Sublime Text
- Browser and device testing
- Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Adobe XD, Photoshop and Illustrator) – from the perspective of working from provided design files
- An ability to research solutions and problem solve (you know how to Google)
- Attention to detail and the ability to review your own work
- Awareness of when to ask questions and gather any missing assets you may need for a project
- An ability to research solutions and problem solve (you know how to Google) – yes, we listed this one twice ;-)
- 3+ years of web development experience in a freelance or agency setting (education may count as experience)
- Excellent communication (English) and analytical skills
- Ability to solicit feedback and take constructive criticism of your work in stride
- A degree or diploma in computer science, software engineering, or related disciplines
- Familiarity with Asana, Slack, G-Suite services, Google Drive
- Experience with Elementor visual editor for WordPress
- Experience with PHP, MySQL, WooCommerce
- Knowledge of WCAG Accessibility standards and AODA requirements in relation to web development
- Experience creating and maintaining automated build pipelines
- Experience with WordPress Gutenburg editing experience
- Get experience with a wide variety of modern technologies and tools
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Drug & Dental Plan
- RRSP Matching Program
- Unlimited tea and coffee in the office! (when we are back in the office)
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to hear from you!